Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Country Music Hall of Fame Edition

This year, Jimmy Dean, Ferlin Husky, Don Williams and producer/songwriter Billy Sherrill were inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. Billy Sherrill discovered Tammy Wynette and Tanya Tucker and was responsible for many of the following songs. The Laura Cantrell/Ballboy track is available for free at lauracantrell.com. Thanks for listening!

Tammy Wynette - Stand By Your Man
Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
Jerry Reed - Wayfaring Stranger - Jerry Reed Explores Guitar Country
The Avett Brothers - I Killed Sally's Lover - Live Vol 2
Ray Charles, Chet Atkins, George Jones - We Didn't See A Thing - Friendship
John Prine - Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore - In Person & On Stage
Tanya Tucker - Blood Red and Goin' Down
Justin Twones Earle - Halfway to Jackson - Midnight at the Movies
Neko Case - If I'm Gonna Sink, I Might As Well Go to the Bottom - Touch My Heart: A tribute to Johnny Paycheck

Ferlin Husky - Gone
Merle Haggard - Will You Visit Me on Sundays? - Prison
Laura Cantrell & Ballboy - I Lost You (But I Found Country Music)
David Houston - Almost Persuaded
Carolina Chocolate Drops - Cornbread and Butter Beans - MerleFest Live
George Jones - He Stopped Loving Her Today
Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys - I'm A Ding Dong Daddy (From Dumas)
Johnny Horton - Battle of New Orleans
Willie Nelson - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) - Rainbow Connection

Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John
Dolly Parton - Touch Your Woman
Elvis Costello - Brown to Blue - Almost Blue
Tammy Wynette - Your Good Girl's Gonna Go Bad
Don Williams - Tulsa Time
Dave Alvin - 11 Months and 29 Days - Touch My Heart: A tribute to Johnny Paycheck
Ferlin Husky - Timber I'm Falling
Don Gibson - My Elusive Dreams
The Devil Makes Three - Gracefully Facedown - Do Wrong Right

Flying Burrito Brothers - Sing Me Back Home - Sleepless Nights
Charlie Rich - I Love My Friend
Clem Snide - With All My Heart - Hungry Bird
Waylon Jennings - Lonesome, On'ry and Mean
Roger Miller - You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo Herd
David Baerwald - Why - Here Comes the New Folk Underground
Billy Joe Shaver - Kneeling Drunkard's Plea - Anchored in Love: a Tribute to June Carter Cash
Jimmy Dean - Oklahoma Bill - Big Bad John and Other Fabulous Songs and Tales

No comments:

Post a Comment