Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cowtippers' Nod to Bob

Tonight is my little tribute to Bob Dylan leading up to his 68th birthday this Sunday. Thanks everyone for your requests; they were great as always. Mark your calendars: Sunday the 31st, from 4-6pm I'll be hosting a freeform entitled 6 Degrees of Jeff Tweedy. If there's anything you want to hear by him or anyone associated to him (which is basically any alt-country band, for starters), shoot me an email.

Doc & Merle Watson - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash - Blue Yodel
Neko Case - Buckets of Rain
The Byrds - You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
Jerry Jeff Walker - One Too Many Mornings
The Rolling Stones - Like A Rolling Stone
Bob Dylan - I Can't Get You Off of My Mind
Hank Williams Jr. - All For the Love of Sunshine (Not a Dylan song, I goofed)

Earl Scruggs & the Earl Scruggs Review - Most Likely You Go Your Own Way
Norman Blake & Peter Ostroushko - Restless Farewell
Jeff Tweedy - Simple Twist of Fate
Bob Dylan - Wigwam
George Jones - If Not For You
Kris Kristofferson - I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
Bob Dylan - House Carpenter

The Byrds - The Times They Are A-Changin'
The Traveling Wilburys - Tweeter and the Monkey Man
Johnny Cash & Bob Dylan - Girl from the North Country
George Harrison - Absolutely Sweet Marie
Nanci Griffith - Boots of Spanish Leather
Bob Dylan - Man of Constant Sorrow
The Byrds - My Back Pages

Audra Mae - Forever Young
The Band - I Shall Be Released (Last Waltz version)
Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash - Nashville Skyline Rag
Emmylou Harris - When I Paint My Masterpiece
Bob Dylan - The Water is Wide
The Clancy Brothers, Robbie O'Connell, Tommy Makem - When the Ship Comes In

No comments:

Post a Comment