Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Love Songs

Tonight's show is love songs of a type not typically associated with country music: not about loving the person you're cheating on your wife with, nor the one that got away, but the one you've got. We'll be back to normal with sad songs next week, I promise.

Elvis Presley - Love Me Tender
Roger Miller - Little Green Apples
Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
Conway Twitty - I'd Love to Lay You Down
Charley Pride - Kiss an Angel Good Mornin'
Merle Haggard - That's the Way Love Goes
Willie Nelson - I Am the Forest - Tougher Than Leather
Tom T. Hall - I Love
Tanya Tucker - Would You Lay With Me (In a Field of Stone)
Buck Owens - Together Again

Tiny Television - Be With Me - Mission Statement
Ferlin Husky - Timber, I'm Falling
John Hartford - Gentle on My Mind - Live From Mountain Stage
Jim Reeves - I Love You Because
Eddy Arnold - Have I Told You Lately That I Love You
Old Crow Medicine Show - We're All in This Together - O.C.M.S.
Charley Rich - Behind Closed Doors
Waylon Jennings - Amanda

Johnny Cash & Bob Dylan - Girl from the North Country
John D Loudermilk - The Language of Love
The Avett Brothers - Living of Love - Emotionalism
John Prine & Iris Dement - In Spite of Ourselves - In Person & On Stage
Drive-By Truckers - 18 Wheels of Love - Gangstabilly
Jimmie Rodgers - Oh-Oh, I'm Falling In Love Again
Randy Travis - Forever and Ever, Amen
Ronnie Milsap - Pure Love
Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn - Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man

Steve Goodman - Hand it to You - Live at the Earl of Old Town
The Two Man Gentleman Band - They Can't Prohibit Love - Heavy Petting
Sonny James - Young Love
The Louvin Brothers - I Love You Best of All
Little Jimmy Dickens - My Heart's Bouquet
The Magnetic Fields - Papa Was A Rodeo - 69 Love Songs
Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn - You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly

No comments:

Post a Comment